Pages

Thursday 16 January 2014

Body Shop Haul

I recently took the plunge and dumped my Vodaphone contract in favour of a younger, sexier network; everybody say hello to O2. With O2, comes O2 priorities. And with O2 priorities came £15 pounds off a £30 shop in the Body Shop. How could I say no?! I'd been wanting to add some new beauty bits into my make up bag for a while, but always found buying products in one go resulted in a hefty chunk out of my bank balance (*overdraft. I'm not fooling anyone), which I simply couldn't afford. I quickly snapped up this offer and purchased £34.50 worth of goodies for an impressive £19.50- perfect!

Small bag = Big smiles.
If any of you, like me, suffer from acne prone, red combination skin (the worst) then you'll understand that finding the perfect moisturizer is near impossible. However, the Aloe Vera Soothing Gel comes in as a close contender. With properties that calms and soothes the skin, it is ideal for anyone with irritant, allergy-prone or red skin. It cools and hydrates just enough, without clogging up the pores and prompting break outs, whilst the Aloe Vera itself is a natural promoter for skin renewal. And at £8, you won't need to be extending your overdraft any time soon!
Aloe Love!
Next, i'd been searching high and low for an eyebrow kit after falling out of love with pencils. I kept missing my eyebrows and draw on extra lines underneath- not a good look! I found the body shop Brow and Liner kit in shade 02 Brunette and Brown, which also provided its own double ended brush- how kind. The colours were a perfect match for my bushy brows, and they didn't require too much product to look filled and ready to face the world. The brush provided wasn't so good with one side being too stiff, the other too flimsy-I think i'll stick to my usual slanted brush for now. £10 was slightly pricey, but it seemed like it would last a fair amount of time, making it a worthwhile investment! 
Bushy Slugs, here I come!
Even though I suffer from spots and have the odd acne scar on my face, concealer isn't usually part of my day-to-day make up routine. What I was looking for however, was a good highlighter to get rid of my dark eye circles and illuminate parts of my face, such as the brow bone. What I found was the Body Shop Lightening Touch in shade 04; a concealer AND highlighter in one- nifty! Being one of the Body Shops bestsellers, it certainly lived up to its status; GOODBYE dark circles and annoying spots and HELLO illuminated glowing skin! It provided that little bit of oomph to my usual make-up whilst again not being too heavy or clogging on my problem areas. Sorted. At £14, I would definitely invest and re-buy this product as there's nothing really not to love!
You SOOOO have that lightening touch.
Finally, I caved and threw away my beloved WHSmiths sharpener in favour of the Body Shops Small Pencil Sharpener. I figured it was time to take this make up thing seriously, and a grown up sharpener for £2.50 was the first step in the right direction.
Oh so professional. 
Overall my buys were a complete success, with the potential for future repurchases- nailed it!

And for anyone admiring my b-e-a-utiful bedding in the first picture- you can buy it here :)




No comments:

Post a Comment